The Riverbend Music Center box office is closed for the Fall and Winter months. Check back later for updates.
If you purchased tickets at the box office and the show is canceled please visit the Taft Theatre Box Office for a refund starting Wednesday, September 9. For Taft Theatre box office hours, click here.
FOR ONLINE GIFT CERTIFICATE ORDERS, CLICK HERE.
*ALL ONLINE ORDERS MUST BE RECEIVED BY NOON, DECEMBER 18, 2020 TO ENSURE HOLIDAY DELIVERY.
GENERAL BOX OFFICE INFORMATION
The Riverbend Music Center & PNC Pavilion Box Office is located next to the main gate entrance of the venue.
Tickets for Riverbend Music Center and PNC Pavilion shows can also be purchased at Ticketmaster.com, in person at The Taft Theatre Box Office located at 317 E. Fifth Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202 or you can click the “Buy Tickets” link located next to each show on our home page.
The only authorized sellers of tickets to Riverbend Music Center & PNC Pavilion events are the Riverbend Music Center & PNC Pavilion box office, the Taft Theatre box office, and Ticketmaster. “Print at home” ticket(s) is no longer available. Please be aware that tickets purchased through other secondary market sources (i.e. StubHub, Vivid Seats, “scalpers”, etc.), may or may not be legitimate. The Riverbend Music Center & PNC Pavilion box office does not endorse using any secondary ticketing sources and cannot resolve any issues involving them.
For questions regarding tickets purchased through Ticketmaster.com please call Ticketmaster’s customer service at 1-800-653-8000.
Tickets will sometimes be available through fan club sites as presales or special VIP packages. Please note that Artist VIP packages do not include access to venue amenities including VIP Parking, the First Star Club and Restaurant, and VIP Patio.
Please be advised that row and seat numbers on Lawn tickets are strictly for box office tracking. The lawn is all general admission, first-come first-served.
Dates, times, and artists subject to change without notice.
All events rain or shine.
Will Call Procedures
Patrons must have a picture ID, the credit card used to purchase tickets and, whenever possible, the confirmation number of their order. The box office cannot release tickets to a patron without a picture ID. The Box office can only release tickets to the patron(s) named on the account. The box office cannot accept Will Call tickets to be left in another person’s name.
The box office does not charge a service/convenience fee on tickets that at are paid for with cash. Purchases completed using a credit or debit card will be subject to a $2 per ticket fee. Purchases completed through Ticketmaster’s selling channels will include additional convenience fees.
ADA Seating Arrangements
Patrons MUST SPECIFY if they need ADA, hearing impaired, or visually impaired seating. A ticket will be sold in the designated ADA section on a best available basis. These seats allow for one to three companions. To purchase ADA seating, visit Ticketmaster.com or visit the venue box office during operating hours.
Thank you for your interest in purchasing a Riverbend Music Center/PNC Pavilion gift certificate(s). Please find information below regarding the purchase of gift certificate(s):
• Gift certificates can only be redeemed at Riverbend Music Center/PNC Pavillion Box Office or Taft Theatre Box Office. Please visit our website for Box Office Hours.
• Ticketmaster cannot redeem a Riverbend Music Center/PNC Pavillion or Taft Theatre gift certificate.
• Gift Certificates are valid for most Riverbend Music Center/PNC Pavillion and Taft Theatre events.
• Gift certificates are not accepted for the Cincinnati Pops or Children’s Theatre performances
• Gift certificates are available in multiples of $25, $50, and $100. All gift certificates are subject to availability and expire five years from date of purchase.
To purchase a gift certificate online, CLICK HERE. A $5.00 service fee will be added to online orders. Please allow 10 business days to receive gift certificate(s) after purchasing. All online orders must be received no later than Noon on December 18, 2020 to ensure Holiday Delivery.
You may also purchase gift certificates in person at the Taft Theatre, located at 317 E. Fifth Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202, prior to December 18, 2020. There is a $2.00 per gift certificate service fee at the Box Office when using a credit or debit card.
For additional assistance regarding gift certificates, please email [email protected]
Use your mobile device to gain access to Riverbend Music Center and PNC Pavilion concerts at all entry points. With Mobile Entry you will be able to enter the concert without the need of a physical ticket. No more worries about losing a ticket or realizing you left your ticket at home the moment you arrive at the venue. You can now use Ticketmaster’s mobile app or go to Ticketmaster’s site via the browser on your mobile device (Chrome, Safari, etc) to access your order and view your mobile tickets in advance of coming to the concert. Viewing them in advance or saving them to Apple Wallet or Google Wallet is suggested and may help alleviate any issues you may have pulling them up at the venue on show day. When you arrive, the ticket taker will scan it as if it was a physical ticket and you’re in.
4-Pack ticket offers, vouchers, and discount/promotional tickets are not available for purchase or redemption on the day of the performance. There are no refunds or exchanges. Lost, destroyed, or left behind tickets cannot be replaced.
Limited View Seats
Limited View Seats means you’ll be unable to see the entire stage from those seats. You’ll have either an incomplete view because of the position of the seats in relation to how the artist or band is set up on stage, or something will be in your line of sight like speakers.
CSO & POPS Tickets
Tickets to all CSO and POPS concerts are available online at cincinnatisymphony.org as well as the CSO Box Office located at Music Hall, 1241 Elm Street, Cincinnati OH 45202 Phone: 513-381-3300.
Best Ticketing Practices
- Screenshots, photocopies, and printed barcodes of tickets are not valid for entry
- Always bring a valid, government-issued photo ID and the credit card used in the ticket purchase (if applicable) to the venue
- Do not attempt to use mobile entry if your phone screen is cracked. The cracked screen will make the ticket unreadable
- Do not leave your physical tickets in the sun or expose them to high temperatures. Heat will damage the paper the ticket is printed on, and will make the ticket unreadable
- Always keep your tickets in a safe and secure place before the event. Lost, destroyed, or left behind physical tickets cannot be replaced
- Always download your digital tickets from the Internet on a secure Wi-Fi connection before you arrive at the concert. The high volume of cellphone data users at events can slow down mobile Internet connection
- Always make sure your phone is fully charged before the show if you plan on using mobile entry
- Avoid using secondary ticketing sites to purchase your tickets
- Always view your mobile tickets in advance of the show to prepare for venue entry
- Utilize Apple Wallet or Google Wallet on your phone to organize your mobile tickets
- Never post a picture of your tickets on social media with the barcode visible. The barcode is valid, and people can use the photo to scan into the event
- If you have issues with your tickets upon entry, please speak to a customer service representative at the box office.