- This event has passed.
PRIMUS – A Tribute To Kings with special guest The Sword – NEW DATE: September 18, 2021
Saturday, September 18, 2021 @ 7:30 pm
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE PRIMUS CONCERT
- Please note that Gates will now open at 6:00pm and Show Time is now 7:30pm. THE SWORD will begin at 7:30pm and PRIMUS will close the show.
- Per the artist’s request, ALL drinks will be poured into cups on-site.
- The entrance for General Admission Pit ticket holders will be located at the Admin Gate directly to the right of the Box Office.
- Due to the high temperatures on Saturday, patrons will be allowed to bring in up to two factory sealed bottles of water. Squeezable, soft plastic water bottles that are empty will also be allowed (please note that non-squeezable plastic water bottles will not be allowed). In addition, there will be free ICON Water Refill Stations on site, as well as multiple Carrier Misting Stations.
- If you have Mobile ticket(s), make sure to download your ticket(s) prior to arriving at the venue. To download your mobile ticket(s) to your phone, go to “My Events” in the Ticketmaster App and select “Add To Wallet” (on iPhone) or “Save To Phone” (on Android).
- There will be a Pre-Show Cookout from 5:30pm-6:45pm located at the Party Plaza on the west end of the property. Patrons will be treated to their choice of 2 Entrée Items (Brat, Mett, or Hot Dog) served with Chips and Pretzels (Beverages not included).
- The Rideshare and Uber/Lyft Pickup location is located across the street from Gate 2 (Coney Island’s Main Entrance). For directions and a map of the parking lot, CLICK HERE.
- Please allow extra time for metal-detector screening, visual inspection, and bag inspection conducted by PNC Pavilion security personnel. Any bag/purse larger than 12″x12″ will not be permitted. The purpose of the inspection is to detect prohibited items and is for the safety of our guests and our staff.
The Primus concert at PNC Pavilion has been rescheduled to Saturday, September 18, 2021. All previously purchased tickets will be honored for the new date.
Enjoy a FREE Pre-Show Cookout included with the price of each ticket for Primus at PNC Pavilion. The Pre-Show Cookout begins 90 minutes prior to the show and ends 15 minutes before the concert begins. Patrons will be treated to their choice of 2 Entrée Items (Brat, Mett, or Hot Dog) served with Chips and Pretzels (Beverages not included). All Pre-Show Cookouts will be located at the Party Plaza on the west end of the property. Brought to you by Blue Grass Quality Meats and Kroger.
Primus will pay homage to prog-rock legends Rush this summer with A Tribute to Kings, a cross-country tour that will feature the Bay Area trio playing Rush’s classic 1977 album A Farewell to Kings in its entirety, in addition to their own music. A Tribute to Kings will make a stop at PNC Pavilion on Saturday, September 18, 2021. The show features additional support from The Sword.
“A little over one year ago, Ler Lalonde and I started kicking the idea around of Primus performing a series of shows featuring an iconic Rush album from our youth,” says bandleader Les Claypool. “Being that A Farewell to Kings was the first Rush record I ever heard, and that it contains my all-time favorite Rush tune, “Cygnus X1,” the choice narrowed quickly. Years ago I had done something similar with Colonel Claypool’s Fearless Flying Frog Brigade, when we covered Pink Floyd’s Animals in its entirety. It was an insane amount of work, but ended up being one of the most enjoyable live endeavors I’ve ever done. Dubbing the tour ‘Primus: A Tribute to Kings,’ it was originally scheduled to be performed in the Fall of 2019 but, when we were asked to support Slayer on their Final Campaign, the ‘Tribute to Kings’ tour was postponed.
“Geddy, Alex and Neil had been superheroes to Larry, Herb and I in our teens, so when we all became pals while touring together in the early ’90s, we were pretty delighted; partially because of the musical geek-out factor but mostly because the three guys whom we had admired so much from afar, turned out to be truly great, down-to-earth humans, and like us, a tad eccentric.”
“The ‘Tribute to Kings’ tour will be just as it is implied, a respectful and loving tribute to three spectacular musicians, songwriters, legends and friends.”
General Admission Pit
$70.50*, $60.50*, $50.50*, $40.50*, $30.50*
*While supplies last. Ticket prices include parking and are subject to price increase based on demand and applicable Ticketmaster fees. All events are rain or shine. Dates, times and artists subject to change without notice. Limit 6 tickets per person.
Please note that Artist VIP packages do not include access to venue amenities including VIP Parking, The First Star Club & Restaurant, and VIP Patio.
All guests entering the venue are subject to a metal-detector screening, visual inspection, and bag inspection conducted by Riverbend Music Center/PNC Pavilion security personnel. The purpose of the inspection is to detect prohibited items and is for the safety of our guests and our staff.