- This event has passed.
Megadeth and Lamb of God with Trivium and Hatebreed – NEW DATE: September 20, 2021
Monday, September 20, 2021 @ 6:00 pm
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE MEGADETH AND LAMB OF GOD CONCERT
- HATEBREED will begin at 6:00pm followed by TRIVIUM, LAMB OF GOD and MEGADETH will close the show.
- Per the artist’s request, ALL drinks will be poured into cups on-site.
- The entrance for General Admission Pit ticket holders will be located along the First Star Club & Restaurant fenceline to the left of the box office.
- Patrons will be allowed to bring in up to two factory sealed bottles of water (please note the water will be poured into cups upon entry). In addition, there will be free ICON Water Refill Stations on site, as well as multiple Carrier Misting Stations.
- If you have Mobile ticket(s), make sure to download your ticket(s) prior to arriving at the venue. To download your mobile ticket(s) to your phone, go to “My Events” in the Ticketmaster App and select “Add To Wallet” (on iPhone) or “Save To Phone” (on Android).
- There will be a Pre-Show Craft Beer Tasting from 4:30pm-5:45pm (while supplies last) located at the Party Plaza on the west end of the property. Must be 21 years of age and have a valid ID to participate. The beers available for tasting will be: Mic Ultra Seltzer Variety, Spaten Oktoberfest, Breckenridge Autumn, Elysian Night Owl, Elysian Space Dust, Golden Road Wolf Pup IPA, Platform Haze Jude, Platform Yammy.
- The Rideshare and Uber/Lyft Pickup location is located across the street from Gate 2 (Coney Island’s Main Entrance). For directions and a map of the parking lot, CLICK HERE.
- Please allow extra time for metal-detector screening, visual inspection, and bag inspection conducted by PNC Pavilion security personnel. Any bag/purse larger than 12″x12″ will not be permitted. The purpose of the inspection is to detect prohibited items and is for the safety of our guests and our staff.
The Megadeth and Lamb of God concert at PNC Pavilion has been rescheduled to Monday, September 20, 2021. Hatebreed will now join the show as support. All previously purchased tickets will be honored for the rescheduled date.
All patrons who purchase a ticket to Megadeth at PNC Pavilion will be treated to a Pre-Show Craft Beer Tasting. Pre-Show Tastings begin 90 minutes prior to the show and end 15 minutes before the concert begins. The beers available for tasting will be: Mic Ultra Seltzer Variety, Spaten Oktoberfest, Breckenridge Autumn, Elysian Night Owl, Elysian Space Dust, Golden Road Wolf Pup IPA, Platform Haze Jude, Platform Yammy. All Pre-Show Tastings will be located at the Party Plaza on the west end of the property. Must be 21 years of age and have a valid ID to participate.
Two of the biggest bands in heavy metal – MEGADETH and LAMB OF GOD – will be joining forces on a co-headline tour across North America this year, presented by SiriusXM. Adding to the firepower of this already formidable tour, Trivium and Hatebreed are joining, making this THE must-see heavy music package of the year. The epic 55-city tour will include a stop in Cincinnati, OH at PNC Pavilion on Monday, September 20, 2021.
MEGADETH, fueled by Dave Mustaine’s triumphant return to the stage following his diagnosis and recovery of throat cancer, will embark on their first North American tour since 2017. Speaking on the epic announcement, MEGADETH’s leader and frontman, Dave Mustaine says: “Hello me! I’m back again, better than ever and coming to a town near you with Lamb of God, and Trivium. If you want high octane metal madness this is the tour for you.”
LAMB OF GOD released their first new music in five years with the single “Checkmate”. The track is the first to be released from the band’s self-titled eighth studio album, one of the most anticipated and important metal records of the year. Commenting on their upcoming co-headline run, Mark Morton, lead guitarist of LAMB OF GOD, adds: “The world has never needed heavy more than it does today and top to bottom, this tour delivers! Lamb Of God has toured with and been friends with all of these bands for years, but for all of us to be on the same bill is something extra special. Come early and stay late. This is THE metal tour of the year.”
TRIVIUM’s Matt Heafy adds: “We are happy to be a part of the biggest real metal tour of the year. This tour is the main event and represents heavy metal and the culture that goes with it.“
It was over 30 years ago that Dave Mustaine founded MEGADETH, in the process pioneering the sound that would become known the world over as thrash metal. And from the very beginning, the band proved to be the most lethal and audacious unit on the heavy music scene, pushing thrash to the limits of musical ferocity and instrumental virtuosity on early efforts like their 1985 debut, Killing Is My Business…And Business Is Good! and 1986’s seminal Peace Sells…But Who’s Buying?.
MEGADETH have taken their place as one of metal’s most influential and respected acts—not to mention among its most successful. They have gone on to sell more than 38 million albums worldwide, earning numerous accolades including a 2017 GRAMMY® Award for “Best Metal Performance” for the title track “Dystopia,” 12 GRAMMY® nominations, and scoring five consecutive platinum albums. With sheer determination and a relentless recording and touring schedule, MEGADETH worked their way up from headlining clubs to headlining arenas, festival and stadiums, cementing a legacy that continues to grow and spread throughout the world. MEGADETH are slated to release their 16th studio album later this year.
LAMB OF GOD propelled heavy metal into the new millennium two decades ago with the prophetically titled New American Gospel. They followed with 2003’s As the Palaces Burn, which made the Rolling Stone list of the Top 100 Greatest Metal Albums of All Time. Ashes of the Wake, released in 2004, was the first LAMB OF GOD album to be certified gold by the RIAA, as was 2006’s Sacrament, which also made a Top 10 Billboard 200 chart debut. In 2009, LAMB OF GOD released Wrath, their first with Wilbur at producer, and earned the number one album spot on Billboard’s Hard Rock, Rock, and Tastemaker charts, with a number two position on the Billboard 200.
Those number one positions were repeated with 2012’s Resolution, which swung effortlessly between thrash, traditional metal, sludgy doom, with flashes of crust punk swagger and bravado. LAMB OF GOD’s last album, VII: Sturm und Drang (2015) made its debut on the Billboard 200 at number three and finished number 2 in the world charts, reaching Top 5 in five countries and six addition Top 15 positions.
LAMB OF GOD are re-energized and unrelenting, ready to lay claim to the metal throne.
General Admission Pit
$124.50*, $119.50*, $89.50*, $79.50*, $69.50*, $59.50*, $39.50*
*While supplies last. Ticket prices include parking and are subject to price increase based on demand and applicable Ticketmaster fees. All events are rain or shine. Dates, times and artists subject to change without notice. Limit 8 tickets per person.
Please note that Artist VIP packages do not include access to venue amenities including VIP Parking, The First Star Club & Restaurant, and VIP Patio.
All guests entering the venue are subject to a metal-detector screening, visual inspection, and bag inspection conducted by Riverbend Music Center/PNC Pavilion security personnel. The purpose of the inspection is to detect prohibited items and is for the safety of our guests and our staff.