- This event has passed.
Blackberry Smoke with special guest The Allman Betts Band, Spirit of the South Tour – NEW DATE: August 19, 2021
Thursday, August 19, 2021 @ 6:00 pm
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE BLACKBERRY SMOKE CONCERT
- THE WILD FEATHERS will begin at 6:00pm followed by THE ALLMAN BETTS BAND and BLACKBERRY SMOKE will close the show. Special guest Jimmy Hall will join the show.
- Due to the high temperatures on Thursday, patrons will be allowed to bring in up to two factory sealed bottles of water. Squeezable, soft plastic water bottles that are empty will also be allowed (please note that non-squeezable plastic water bottles will not be allowed). In addition, there will be free ICON Water Refill Stations on site, as well as multiple Carrier Misting Stations.
- If you have Mobile ticket(s), make sure to download your ticket(s) prior to arriving at the venue. To download your mobile ticket(s) to your phone, go to “My Events” in the Ticketmaster App and select “Add To Wallet” (on iPhone) or “Save To Phone” (on Android).
- There will be a Pre-Show Craft Beer Tasting from 4:30pm-5:45pm (while supplies last) located at the Party Plaza on the west end of the property. Must be 21 years of age and have a valid ID to participate. The beers available for tasting will be: Platform Haze Jude, Platform Sun Surfer, Platform Open Market, Platform Juiced Shandy, Golden Road Mango Cart, Golden Road Wolf Pup, Goose Island 312 Shandy, and Goose Island SOLO. All Pre-Show Tastings will be located at the Party Plaza on the west end of the property.
- The Rideshare and Uber/Lyft Pickup location is located across the street from Gate 2 (Coney Island’s Main Entrance). For directions and a map of the parking lot, CLICK HERE.
- Please allow extra time for metal-detector screening, visual inspection, and bag inspection conducted by PNC Pavilion security personnel. Any bag/purse larger than 12″x12″ will not be permitted. The purpose of the inspection is to detect prohibited items and is for the safety of our guests and our staff.
The Blackberry Smoke concert at PNC Pavilion has been rescheduled to Thursday, August 19, 2021. Tickets purchased for the original date will be honored for the rescheduled date.
All patrons who purchase a ticket to Blackberry Smoke at PNC Pavilion will be treated to a Pre-Show Craft Beer Tasting. Pre-Show Tastings begin 90 minutes prior to the show and end 15 minutes before the concert begins. The beers available for tasting will be: Platform Haze Jude, Platform Sun Surfer, Platform Open Market, Platform Juiced Shandy, Golden Road Mango Cart, Golden Road Wolf Pup, Goose Island 312 Shandy, and Goose Island SOLO. All Pre-Show Tastings will be located at the Party Plaza on the west end of the property. Must be 21 years of age and have a valid ID to participate.
Acclaimed American rock band Blackberry Smoke will embark on their extensive “Spirit of the South Tour: A Celebration of Southern Rock N’ Roll” this summer with special guests The Allman Betts Band and The Wild Feathers. Kicking off July 30 at Bridgeport, CT’s Hartford Healthcare Amphitheatre, the tour will include a stop at PNC Pavilion on Thursday, August 19. Special guest Jimmy Hall will join the show.
Created to honor the various influences within Southern music, each show will conclude with a unique collaborative finale including Blackberry Smoke, The Allman Betts Band and The Wild Feathers as well as additional surprise guests. The Allman Brothers Band Museum At The Big House will also have a new mobile set up on-site at each show, featuring never-before-seen archival items including original hand-written lyrics, family photographs, iconic clothing and jewelry, one-of-a-kind instruments played by the band and more. All ticket holders will be granted free access to the museum with $1 of each ticket donated to The Allman Brothers Museum at the Big House to help preserve its history and heritage.
The “Spirit of the South Tour” adds to a landmark year for Blackberry Smoke, who are celebrating their 20th anniversary as a group this year with the release of their highly anticipated new album, You Hear Georgia, out May 28 via Thirty Tigers (pre-order here). With the addition of producer Dave Cobb, a fellow Georgian, You Hear Georgia pays homage to the band’s deep respect for their roots. Across the album’s ten songs, Blackberry Smoke continues to embody Georgia’s rich musical legacy as they have for the past two decades, honoring the people, places and sounds of their home state.
Ahead of the release, the band has released four album tracks: “All Rise Again” featuring Warren Haynes, “Ain’t The Same,” “Hey Delilah” and “You Hear Georgia,” of which Starr reflects, “Lyrically, the song is about the South being misunderstood. It’s obviously a rough and tumble world, and there’s a lot of bad people. But there’s a lot of good people too. It started with the idea of how people might have a preconceived opinion of you because of a thick Southern accent, then expanded into the reality of how some people just seem to have such a hard time getting along, thanks to political or religious views, or simply what part of the country you come from.”
In addition to Blackberry Smoke—Starr (vocals, guitar), Richard Turner (bass, vocals), Brit Turner (drums), Paul Jackson (guitar, vocals) and Brandon Still (keyboards)—the album features Benji Shanks (guitar) and Preston Holcomb (percussion) as well as special guests Jamey Johnson (“Lonesome For A Livin’”), Haynes (“All Rise Again”) and The Black Bettys (background vocals).
You Hear Georgia follows the release of 2018’s Find A Light, which debuted as the best-selling Country and Americana/Folk album in the country, entered at #3 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart and #2 on the Billboard Americana/Folk Albums chart. Released to critical acclaim, NPR Music praised, “pushes the envelope while providing that famous Blackberry Smoke autonomy, delivered with soulful vocals, haunting harmonies and kick ass songs,” while Guitar World declared, “one of the hottest and most exciting acts around,” and Rolling Stone hailed, “part of a lineage that shares a love of Petty, the Allman Brothers Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Hank Williams Jr., able to ride an Americana vibe or peel off a stomping riff and tie it all together without a hint of pretense.” Following Find A Light, the band shared three additional projects—a live album and concert film, Homecoming: Live In Atlanta, which debuted at #1 on Billboard’s Americana/Folk Album Sales chart, a 6-song acoustic EP, The Southern Ground Sessions and Live From Capricorn Sound Studios, an EP of six covers that have ties to the studio.
Since forming in 2001, the band has continued to tour relentlessly, building a strong and loyal community of fans. Their music has also been prominently featured in the hit television show, “Yellowstone” and they’ve performed on NBC’s “Last Call with Carson Daly.” In addition to their work as musicians, Blackberry Smoke remains committed to charitable work and has raised nearly $500,000 benefiting children’s cancer research.
$160.50*, $140.50*, $120.50*, $90.50*, $80.50*, $70.50*, $60.50*, $50.50*, $30.50*, $24.00*
RESERVED 4-PACK SPECIAL OFFER: 4 Reserved tickets for $75*
*While supplies last. Ticket prices include parking and are subject to price increase based on demand and applicable Ticketmaster fees. All events are rain or shine. Dates, times and artists subject to change without notice. 4-Pack offer not valid on day of show. Limit 8 tickets per person.
Please note that Artist VIP packages do not include access to venue amenities including VIP Parking, The First Star Club & Restaurant, and VIP Patio.
All guests entering the venue are subject to a metal-detector screening, visual inspection, and bag inspection conducted by Riverbend Music Center/PNC Pavilion security personnel. The purpose of the inspection is to detect prohibited items and is for the safety of our guests and our staff.